Thursday, February 16, 2012

I am not very well pleased at you not answering my last card...

Mary C. Leitch
22 Princes St.
Govan


Dear Cathie
I will be down on Sat. I am not very well pleased at you not answering my last card. I am sorry that I could not get down any time as another was seriously ill. She was just gone(?) up on Sunday for the first. I hope I have an answer for this P.T. (Mary)



The postcard was sent on November 18th, 1909 with the postage costing a mere half cent. The card was produced by Millar & Lang Art Publishers and it was part of The "National" Series as well as Printed in Britain. The front depicts a picture of Miss Rita Tomkins; a celebrity or just an average citizen? I don't know.

If you click here, you can scroll down to find some information on Millar & Lang Art Publishers, the company who produced this postcard. They're from Glasgow, which is in the UK. To see a few other postcards printed by this company, you can click here. On a side note, the place where the card was sent from was also the place where the cards were sold from. Now, it's a different business, which I have included a modern-day (Google Map found) image of at the very bottom of this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment