Friday, December 30, 2011

The Roffée Brothers

 

Above are two pictures from the studios G. & W. Morgan (5 Market St, Aberdeen, Scotland) and Elite Studio (same address). For one thing, I'm not sure if G. & W. Morgan became Elite Studios due to the fact that they both have the same address and the Elite photograph was taken after the other, which was taken in 1890.

What I've gathered of these two men is that one's name is John, the other Alexander. They have a sister (I don't have her picture) and whoever wrote on the back of the photograph said they are "Two Brothers on Mother's side" followed by the names of the two men. At the bottom, you can see the negative number, which is 23492 and the date it was taken (1890 as I mentioned before). Because the photographer is in Scotland, I suppose that they are Scottish.

The second photo (negative number 49394) is of one of the brothers in the first picture, though I'm not sure what his name was because there is no specification as to which brother is which (name wise). The back of this one says the death dates of the men: "1919 Dead, January 2 Johnny" and "1921 Dead, July 10th Alex". Perhaps the photograph of the single man is of John, considering his death death date is written first, but I'm not sure because it could just be written in chronological order.

Again, if anyone knows anything about these two, please let me know! I appreciate any information you may have! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment